Kurt Rutkowski and Sheila Kelly in Glasair II RG. 1,000 hrs on DUAL E-MAGs.
The 114 series is our platform for four cylinder Continental and Lycoming engines.
Series 114 Refinements:
- New sensor magnet mount – New design and manufacturing process for position sensor magnet mount.
- Firmware – The routine for setting, storing, and loading timing information has been completely rewritten to assist recovery functions following gray power and system reset events. [This feature was first introduced in firmware version 27 for installation in series 113 ignitions.]
- Sensor Alignment (self-monitoring) – If the processor detects a position sensor misalignment at power-up, it will block further operation until proper alignment is restored. The block also activates an LED alert signal.
- Internal Power Transition – P models will transition to internal power as soon as engine speed permits, at which point the internal alternator becomes the “primary” power sources and the aircraft buss becomes the “back-up”. Typically,800 rpm is needed to self-support. By 1400 rpm the ignition is fully transitioned off the aircraft bus.
- Finned Nose – Fins have been added to the nose section that (in conjunction with blast tubes) further improves cooling, and allows us to eliminate some (but not all) of the openings in the electronics case.
- Spark Plug Alerts – Circuit board hardware is added to report (via EICAD v4 to be released soon) the ignition coil discharge rate.
- A rapid discharge rate indicates a spark plug or plug lead is fouled (shorted).
- A slow discharge rate indicates a spark plug or plug lead is open (broken).
Ready to try the 114 Series?